Karolj Skala (Croatia), Aleksandra Rashkovska Koceva (Slovenia), Davor Davidović (Croatia)
Marian Bubak (Poland), Jesús Carretero Pérez (Spain), Tiziana Ferrari (Netherlands), Dieter Kranzlmüller (Austria), Ludek Matyska (Czech Republic), Dana Petcu (Romania), Uroš Stanič (Slovenia), Tibor Vámos (Hungary), Matjaž Veselko (Slovenia), Yingwei Wang (Canada)
Enis Afgan (Croatia), Viktor Avbelj (Slovenia), Davor Davidović (Croatia), Matjaž Depolli (Slovenia), Simeon Grazio (Croatia), Marjan Gusev (North Macedonia), Vojko Jazbinšek (Slovenia), Jurij Matija Kališnik (Germany), Zalika Klemenc-Ketiš (Slovenia), Dragi Kocev (Slovenia), Gregor Kosec (Slovenia), Miklos Kozlovszky (Hungary), Lene Krøl Andersen (Denmark), Tomislav Lipić (Croatia), Željka Mihajlović (Croatia), Panče Panov (Slovenia), Tonka Poplas Susič (Slovenia), Aleksandra Rashkovska Koceva (Slovenia), Karolj Skala (Croatia), Viktor Švigelj (Slovenia), Ivan Tomašić (Sweden), Roman Trobec (Slovenia), Roman Wyrzykowski (Poland)
DS-BE intends to gather the latest research and development results in advanced computational methods, tools and applications in the domain of Data Science and Biomedical Engineering. The conference solicits high-quality original contributions that demonstrate theoretical and practical achievements in Data Science and Biomedical Engineering. It focuses on specific hardware and software solutions and services for a particular domain-problem from industry or science as well as independent research activities on general solutions applicable across different data-driven fields, including research in complex networks, machine learning, deep and representation learning, knowledge discovery and interpretability techniques, visual analytics and scientific visualization, and parallel and scalable algorithms on heterogeneous and distributed computing environments. Papers from Artificial Intelligence are particularly welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Parallel and Distributed Applications and Algorithms
- Applications for High-performance Architectures and Accelerators
- Data Science Methods, Tools and Platforms
- Big Data Analysis and Visualization
- Service Applications Based on Cloud, Fog and/or Dew Computing
- Interpretable and Explainable Machine Learning
- Expert Systems and Knowledge-Based Systems
- Knowledge Representation and Management
- Ontology and Meta-Data Design
- Human-Centric Artificial Intelligence
- Visual Analytics in Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing and Text Mining
- Data Science in Computational Biology and Medicine
- Biological Network Analysis
- Gene-disease Relationships
- Drug Target Identification and Validation
- Pandemic Oriented Prediction Models
- Medical and Biological Image Analysis
- Analysis and Visualization of Biological and Clinical data
- Infrastructure (Frameworks/Software/Tools/Resources) for Health Applications
- Informatization, Management and Organization of Biomedical Environments
- Bioinformatics and Medical Applications
- Advanced Bio-Signal Processing and Interpretation
- Monitoring of Vital Functions with Sensor and ICT Systems
- Wearable Sensors and Networks in Distributed Systems
- Telehealth, Telecare, Telemonitoring, and Telediagnostics
- Social Networking, Computing and Education for Health
- Improved Therapeutic, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Methods
- Internet of Things (IoT) for mHealth
- Data Models and Representations for mHealth
- Information Fusion of Biomedical Data
- Biomedical Scientific Databases
Official language is English.
Abstract submission deadline:
Monday, January 18, 2021 Monday, February 1, 2021
Full paper submission deadline:
Monday, February 8, 2021 Monday, February 22, 2021
Final paper review deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021
All deadline times are anywhere on Earth.
Registration / Fees:
The discount doesn't apply to PhD students.
REGISTRATION / FEES
|Price in EUR
Up to 10 May 2021
From 11 May 2021
|Members of MIPRO and IEEE
|Students (undergraduate and graduate), primary and secondary school teachers
Rudjer Boskovic Institute
Center for Informatics and Computing
HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia
All submitted papers will pass through a plagiat control and blind peer review process with at least 2 international reviewers.
On the basis of reviewers' opinion and voting result from the conference attendance we will qualify the Best paper for the prize that will be awarded as a part of the final event at the DS-BE conference.
Accepted papers will be published in the ISSN registered conference proceedings. Presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE
Authors of the best scientific papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to the Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience (ISSN 1895-1767) Journal.
Opatija, with its 170-year-old tourism tradition, is the leading seaside resort of the Eastern Adriatic and one of the most famous tourist destinations on the Mediterranean. With its aristocratic architecture and style, Opatija has been attracting artists, kings, politicians, scientists, sportsmen, as well as business people, bankers and managers for more than 170 years.
The tourist offer in Opatija includes a vast number of hotels, excellent restaurants, entertainment venues, art festivals, superb modern and classical music concerts, beaches and swimming pools – this city satisfies all wishes and demands.
Opatija, the Queen of the Adriatic, is also one of the most prominent congress cities in the Mediterranean, particularly important for its ICT conventions, one of which is MIPRO, which has been held in Opatija since 1979, and has attracted more than a thousand participants from over forty countries. These conventions promote Opatija as one of the most desirable technological, business, educational and scientific centers in South-eastern Europe and the European Union in general.
For more details, please visit www.opatija.hr and visitopatija.com.