Prof. dr. sc. Karolj Skala, prof. dr. sc. Ivica Puljak, M.IT Jelena Čubrić
PRoject Information and Dissemination Event - PRIDE
MIPRO is the biggest and the oldest ICT international convention in this part of the Europe, dedicated to information and communication technology, electronics and microelectronics. 5th PRoject Information and Dissemination Event - PRIDE is a supporting event of MIPRO that enables dissemination of projects by poster exhibition, lectures and presentations during the convention.
*NEW ON PRIDE2016*
We are pleased to invite you to participate in HPC (High Performance Computing) for SME Business Advancement Forum on the MIPRO/PRIDE - PRoject Information and Dissemination Event 2016 to be held in Opatija, Croatia on June 1st 2016. The event is organized as part of the SESAME Net project funded through the European Commission’s program for research and innovation - Horizon 2020 and by joint effort of MIPRO, Ruđer Bošković Insitutute and Arctur d.o.o.. The Forum, dedicated to promoting access to computational expertise anywhere in Europe, aims to solve some of the main challenges faced by SMEs in efforts to advance their business. It will demonstrate best practices, applications and concrete actions for introducing HPC to SMEs in order to:
- Accelerate the innovation process and time to market
- Enhance competitiveness
- Develop new products and services
- Create innovative solutions
The Forum will also support initiatives at the regional and international levels to increase cooperation and coordination amongst different HPC Centres and user community and also present financing opportunities for SMEs that are currently opened.
Successful use cases of HPC integration by SMEs through participation in the EU project FORTISSIMO will be presented. More on http://fortissimo-project.eu
The forum is opened for all who are involved in development, design, integration, marketing, use or support of HPC technologies and those who wish to become a part of the user community. The forum will be especially helpful for SMEs that wish to gain knowledge about how to better adapt to market demand, develop innovation, produce new services and goods faster and increase their overall market competition.
PRIDE POSTER REPOSITORY
PRIDE is also offering a permanent open access environment for online dissemination that will keep the project visible permanently after the exhibition. It gives you the best outcome for the time, finance and effort that you invested in making your poster because it creates a permanent environment for sharing your research. By using this repository you will have the opportunity to present your work to all those who were not able to attend the PRIDE exhibition and also get a feedback that can be helpful when preparing your paper for MIPRO.
To upload your poster after the exhibition registration, or to view other project posters, click on the following link: http://pride.irb.hr
PRIDE Poster Exhibition
31st May 2016 - 3rd June 2016 (Exhibition area - Central Lobby of Adriatic hotel)
SESAME Net, Zagreb, Croatia
Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe AISBL, Brisel, Belgium
University of Rijeka, Faculty of engineering, Croatia
- Assessment of structural behaviour in limit state operating conditions
- Greener Approach to Ship Design and Optimal Route Planning
- Optimisation and modelling of thermal processes of materials
- Development of evolutionary procedures for characterization of biological tissues behavior
- Evolving Software Systems: Analysis and Innovative Approaches for Smart
- Autonomous Control for a Reliable Internet of Services
COWORKING CLUB “SILOS”, Rijeka, Croatia
FORTISSIMO Project, HPC USE CASES, Slovenija
ICSI Project, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Croatia
GRASS Project, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Textile Technology, Croatia
SORDITO Project, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences,Croatia
INDIGO Project, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
HPC for SME Forum
1st June 2016, 16:30 - 19:00
1. Karolj Skala, Head of Centre for informatics and computing, Ruđer Bošković Institute, CRO
Introduction and opening welcome speech
2. Key note speaker: Max Lemke, EC Head of Unit Complex Systems and Advanced Computing, European Commission (TC)
Topic: “ICT Innovation and manufacturing”
3. Key note speaker: Karen Padmore, Bangor University, Wales, UK (TC)
Topic: “Sesame Net project Overview”
4. Key note speaker: Horst Schwichtenberg, Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing, DE
Topic: "HPC technologies and applications for SME’s”
5. Key note speaker: Enis Afgan, John Hopkins University and Ruđer Bošković Institute, CRO
Topic: “HPC/Cloud based Business in Bioinformatics for SMEs”
6. Key note speaker: Tomi Ilijaš, Head of ARCTUR d.o.o. SLO
Topic: “Business model and profit perspective”
7. Key note speaker: Matej Andrejašić, Pipistrel d.o.o., SLO
Topic: “Application of HPC technology in aerospace industry”
REGISTRATION / FEES
Registration fee for PRIDE exhibition of posters covers the cost of finishing the poster, poster plotting, poster laminating and placing it in the showroom. More details can be found in the Exhibitor manual.
Registration fee is 65€.
Booth on PRIDE Exhibition
Pricing for the booth rental on the exhibition is stated according to the size of the booth and can be found in the Exhibitor manual.
HPC For SME Forum
Call Open - March 17, 2016
Call Closes at 12:00 PM (CET) - May 22, 2016
PRIDE oficial address: PRIDE@mipro.hr