Smart Islands and Regions Labs (SILA) - partnership development conference
Sep. 30 - Oct. 2 2019, Mljet island, Croatia
What is the conference about?
This international conference organized by EAI (European Alliance of Innovation) in cooperation with MIPRO will be held as a side event of SDEWES conference.
The conference aims to bring together scientific and innovation communities, projects and international networks to present scientific research results, to discuss common interest and new opportunities to work together as well as to build new projects and partnerships for Smart Islands and Regions Labs.
One of the main focus areas are Smart Islands and Regions Labs for Socio-Technological innovation with the participation of academia, local communities and people aiming to improve life, wellbeing and social cohesion.
Target topics are economic growth, green energy, tourism, social development and innovation, environmental protection and national parks, transport, immigration, public health, prevention of radicalization, smart buildings and others complex topics requiring input from the scientific community.
SILA conference aims and objectives:
- to discuss innovative financing models for Smart Islands, Smart Cities and Regions projects
- to demonstrate to local islands communities what options they might have in developing of their islands
- to stimulate international clusters cooperation in the domains of smart green energy, smart tourism and health, environment, transport, social cohesion and wellbeing aiming to prepare for the next long-term EU budget for development and innovation 2012-2017 to be ready for calls and to start preparing of several project proposal
- to start and to provide a discussion platform on Dalmatian island for continuous international dialog on these topics.
More details about the conference (topics, deadlines, accommodation, etc.) can be found here.
There are two types of registrations: registering as an author or as an attendee of the conference without the paper. If you would like to submit a presentation or an abstract that you’d like to present as a paper (Call for papers), please continue with this link: https://www.smartislandregion.com/registration.html (direct registration link for abstract submission - http://registration.sdewes.org/dub2019). In this case, hurry up with the submission process because the deadline for submitting abstracts and presentations is September 1, 2019. If you are registering as a regular participant without the paper, the registration is free of charge and you can proceed with your registration through MIPRO system.
EVENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE:
1. If you do not have your user profile on the MIPRO portal, register first.
2. Login and click on “Registration” --> "Event registration" in the main menu on MIPRO home page (link) and select the event “SILA 2019 - Smart Islands and Regions Labs - partnership development conference”.
3. After the event registration has been made, you will receive a confirmation email.