7th Higher Education Institutions Conference: “Building Agile Organizations"
September 23-24, 2019, Villa Antonio, Opatija, Croatia
About the conference
It is organized by the Zagreb School of Economics and Management (ZSEM), the first AACSB accredited Business School in Croatia, in cooperation with Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE) and MIPRO Croatian Society. This year the HEIC conference will consist of the AACSB Accreditation Workshop, presentation of papers and interesting plenary sessions on the topics of transformational strategies for higher education, new faculty models, innovative teaching methods and labor market challenges.
The two-day conference involves the AACSB Accreditation Workshop, enabling attendees to gain a valuable look into the new AACSB standards and the accreditation process, as well as several interesting plenary sessions that will cover various topics related to innovation and achieving excellence in the field of Higher Education.
The conference plenary will be on the following topics:
- Transformational strategies for higher education
- New faculty models
- Innovative teaching methods
- Labor market challenges
Keynote speakers that have confirmed their participation are:
- James Uhomoibhi, Ulster University, Faculty of Computing Engineering and the Built Environment, lecturer
- Timothy S. Mescon, AACSB International, Executive Vice President & Chief Officer, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Kjell R. Knudsen, University of Minnesota Duluth, Dean of the School of Business and Economics
- Boris Debić, Google, Silicon Valley Chapter Member
- Vesna Dodiković-Jurković, Croatian Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE), Vice Director
- Eileen McAuliffe, Sheffield Hallam University, Deputy Dean
This conference aims to be the ideal platform for making international connections for future collaborations in various academics field. Also, it will allow the exchange of the best practices that concern emerging areas related to entrepreneurship, innovation, strategy, technology, management and education.
HEIC Conference Outcome
Participants will learn from the higher institutions that already have AACSB accreditation, improve social networking with the scholars and professionals from the field of higher education, exchange ideas on the improvement of quality and governance in higher education institutions, benchmark yourself against the leading business schools in the world and enjoy the beauties of Croatian coastline.
The conference will gather rectors, deans, associate deans, directors, key players and decision makers in the field of higher education, professors, international offices, etc. This conference will be of interest to academics from all disciplines as well as corporate representatives from the labor market with the responsibilities in recruitment and development of young talents.
For more details (deadlines, accommodation, registration etc.) please visit http://heic.hr/