Adrian Boukalov (Belgium), Dragan Čišić (Croatia)
Miimu Airaksinen (Finland), Darko Jardas (Croatia), Pekka Kess (Finland), Srećko Krile (Croatia), Paul Timmers (UK)
Radoslav Delina (Slovakia), Bojan Hlača (Croatia), Goran Krajačić (Croatia), Thor Moen (Norway), Dario Ogrizović (Croatia), Mile Pavlić (Croatia), Andreja Pucihar (Slovenia), Vittorio Rosato (Italy)
The conference invites presentations of technologies, solutions, experiences and best practices in smart cities and large infrastructures development. It emphasizes Smart Cities multidisciplinary aspects and promotes system approaches in solving complex sustainability and resilience problems. The conference topics include but are not limited to IoT, 5G, cloud technologies, critical infrastructures, socio-technological systems, artificial intelligence, smart terrestrial and maritime infrastructures and transport systems, smart cities sustainability, smart green energy systems, smart buildings, environmental monitoring, local challenges and smart cities policies.
The conference provides platform for exchange of experiences and best practices supporting international scientific cooperation on these topics with Adriatic Sea and Balkan regions. It welcomes round table meetings proposals on scientific and business cooperation.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to:
- Sustainable Smart Cities Solutions and Concepts
- Smart Cities Resilience and Public Safety Solutions and Concepts
- Smart Cities as Socio-technological Systems of System
- Intelligent Transport Systems and Socio-technological Aspects
- Big Data Analytics for Smart Cities Healthcare, Telecommunication, e-Business, etc.
- Smart Cities and Cloud Infrastructure
- 5G Systems and Smart Cities
- Smart IoT Solutions
- Smart Green Energy
- Smart Maritime and Terrestrial Infrastructure
- Artificial Intelligence and Smart Cities Control Systems
- Smart Cities and Regions System Integration
- Smart Building
- Smart Environmental Systems
- Smart Cities Social Network Analysis
- Ethical Aspects
- Smart Policies
- Regional Dimensions of Smart Cities Development in Adriatic, Central European and Baltic Areas
- Smart Cities Analytics for Temporal, Spatial, Spatio-Temporal and Mobile Data
- Smart Cities Economics and Regional Development
- Smart Cities Security and Social Cohesion
As an addition to the conference, presentations of smart cities solutions, projects, products and respective vendors are welcome.
Official language is English.
Abstract submission deadline: Friday, December 13, 2019
Full paper submission deadline:
Monday, January 27, 2020 Friday, February 14, 2020
Final paper review deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020
Registration / Fees:
REGISTRATION / FEES
Price in EUR
Up to 11 May 2020
From 12 May 2020
|Members of MIPRO, EAI and IEEE
|Students (undergraduate and graduate), primary and secondary school teachers
The discount doesn't apply to PhD students.
EAI Smart Cities Cluster Leader
B-9000 Gent, Belgium
University of Rijeka
Faculty of Maritime Studies
Studentska ulica 2
HR-51000 Rijeka, Croatia
GSM: +385 98 219 600
Presented papers will be submitted for publication in Springer or EAI Core Series.
Opatija, with its 170-year-old tourism tradition, is the leading seaside resort of the Eastern Adriatic and one of the most famous tourist destinations on the Mediterranean. With its aristocratic architecture and style, Opatija has been attracting artists, kings, politicians, scientists, sportsmen, as well as business people, bankers and managers for more than 170 years.
The tourist offer in Opatija includes a vast number of hotels, excellent restaurants, entertainment venues, art festivals, superb modern and classical music concerts, beaches and swimming pools – this city satisfies all wishes and demands.
Opatija, the Queen of the Adriatic, is also one of the most prominent congress cities in the Mediterranean, particularly important for its ICT conventions, one of which is MIPRO, which has been held in Opatija since 1979, and has attracted more than a thousand participants from over forty countries. These conventions promote Opatija as one of the most desirable technological, business, educational and scientific centers in South-eastern Europe and the European Union in general.
For more details, please visit www.opatija.hr and visitopatija.com.