|EU cares about islands’ improvement
Smart islands, villages, regions post-pandemic recovery - Smart Tourism: partnerships, digi platforms, social innovation, science island as a Lab (SILA 2021) - hybrid conference
4 - 5 October 2021, Saplunara, island of Mljet, Croatia
SILA conference is being held for the second time after its first edition in 2019.
MIPRO is the co-organizer of this international event.
The conference aims to discuss smart islands and COVID-19 post-pandemic recovery of islands and rural areas. It’s intended to islands’ and rural communities, NGOs, tourist boards and agencies, operators, innovation organizations and centers, digital innovations hubs, regional, national and local authorities, SMEs and companies and all interested in establishing (international) cooperation, partnerships and new projects on these topics.
SILA 2021 provides a discussion platform and presentation floor for local people, communities and organizations from different parts of the EU to help them explore complementarity between local business ecosystems and to enable discussion on cooperation, partnerships and new projects that help reestablishing tourism and local economies.
Target topics are smart digital solutions, digital nomads, social development and innovation, economic growth, tourism, platforms and hubs, post-pandemic recovery of islands and rural areas, public health, European collaboration and others complex topics requiring input from the scientific community.
The conference is divided into 7 tracks:
- Smart digital solutions, data analytics, digital platforms and innovation hubs roles in regions/islands recovery, tourism
- Research and education for smart islands and smart rural developments
- Social innovation, entrepreneurship and (Islands/Villages as) Living Labs
- Islands and rural communities pandemic recovery and challenges for tourism
- New forms of safe, socially responsible, sustainable tourism in rural areas and islands
- Inter-regional EU cooperation for economic post-pandemic recovery tourism, ICT, healthcare and education
- IMPLEMENTATION projects brainstorming sessions (open to new proposals).
[back to events]
More details about the conference can be found here.